Sunday, February 26, 2012

Feeding my newborn

By Mommy Sai

Feeding my newborn can sometimes get so frustrating. I am feeding him with my own milk together with S26 Gold. Breastfeeding is a rough journey for me haha! It seems like my baby is rejecting my milk and it makes me sad sometimes (PPD).

During the first few weeks, I got a high fever because my baby's not feeding my milk. Then, my mom bought a breast pump for me. If you're in the same situation as I am, here are the things that you have to do:
  • Buy a breast pump so you can get your milk.
  • Collect your milk every 2 hours. It will be like a fake baby feeding your milk since babies need to be fed every two hours according to my baby's pediatrician.
  • If your milk was not consumed you can store it in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. My OB told me that you can actually store it for a week. Once you need your milk, just transfer it to your baby's feeding bottle. Get a container, which is big enough to contain your feeding bottle. Put a hot water and let it stay there for a couple of minutes. Once the milk is not that cold anymore, use it to feed your baby :)
  • STILL try to breastfeed your baby. I never gave up and I can now breastfeed my son :)
I hope this post helps you! What else do you want me to tackle here? Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for commenting! I will check your message in a bit! Hope you can also share my post to your friends and don't forget to like my Facebook page!

Until my next post!